Old 09-17-2009, 10:35 PM   #1
SubarusRmyThing
*** Banned ***

Member#: 203031
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
White/Silver

Default Heres a tricky situation for you. Lets see if anyone can figure this **** out.

So heres the scoop. I searched for EVER to find a nice baja turbo that was completely stock and unmolested by some ****ing idiot who didnt know what they were doing. nothing i hate worse than buying a used car and having to fix someone else problems. What a joke that tuned out to be on me. ha. ha. ha.....

So i bought a 2005 baja turbo 5spd. of course the nice factory 6 disk changer. i was pretty excited. had it for about 4 months and then pretty soon after hitting some bumps the sound would short out. Hit one bump, no sound, hit another sound might come back on, hit another, no sound again. get the drift? Stereo didnt shut off or anything, only the sound did.

i was like wtf... thats just great.

So figured since all 4 speakers were going out, and the deck wasnt shutting off, i figured it was just a short in the deck.

So i bought a brand new nice fancy, 7" indash touch screen, dvd, nav, bluetooth, ipod, tv, you know the works.
Pulled the old stereo out today and find Sub woofer wire spliced into the harness in like 4 spots... Im like .......

So out comes all the seats, door panels, carpet, dash, everything, took it ALL OUT. What i find is Kicker speakers in the doors (kinda cool right?) that are wired with sub woofer wire. Completely bypasses the car harness, just goes straight from teh speakers, and runs into the harness about 1" after the plug. And let me tell you, it was the worse splice job ive ever seen in my life. Im like great... so much for my unmolested car. i can see all the problems coming my way already.

Anyways so i plug my new deck in to see if everything works, didnt feel like doing any rewiring right now. Deck turns on, but no sound. Things are running about par... So i said **** this, i ripped out all that ****ty ass wiring, and hooked the speakers back up to the factory wiring, got rid of all the little blue splice clamps and had everything back how it should. Plug the deck back in... STill no sound. so first thought was maybe some how i got some negative and positive wires crossed. So i unhook everything except one speaker. I tried one speaker. no sound, switched the wires, no sound.

next thought was, well maybe he had problems with the car wiring, and thats why he did his own... So i skipped the car harness my self, and wired that speaker straight to my deck. No sound, switched the wires around, no sound. okay what gives right? Bad speaker? sure maybe. So i grab a set of speakers i had laying around, im 90% positive they work. Tried everything all over again. NO FREAKING SOUND!

I am completely 100% STUMPED.

Someone please shed some light on me lol. We all know how bad it sucks to not have tunes while driving.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SubarusRmyThing is offline   Reply With Quote