Scooby Newbie

Member#: 327313
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2009 WRX STI
68 Alfa 1750 GTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgeiz View Post
This boy needs some e85. I'd say also that you would be better with smaller piping and possibly that ATP just sucks. What fuel are you running? There is a few threads with EFR turbos pushing more power and quicker than your setup by a lot. One is kellys he's destroked with reverse manifold efr7670 and his hits powerband ~4K and rides that baby to redline 8k.

What are you using for boost control? Potential the wastegate is blowing open? I cannot understand how short your powerband is.

Sent from my QMV7A using NASIOC mobile app
I'm having my doubts about the turbo as well, my tuner has a Tial .63 exhaust housing that I am setting my eyes on. Just get hold of a up pipe w/ wastegate and that's probably my first attempt at coaxing this turbo to life earlier.

I am running a fuel called "Podium" over here, premium pump fuel, supposed to be pretty decent, 98 octane in theory.

I'm gonna check out those turbos, thanks!

I am running a Grimmspeed Boost Control Solenoid, braided lines.

That seems to be in order, boost is maintained throughout, I've looked alot at the gauges in various conditions. It only pulls once the wastegate opens tho. My first car with fmic and a first with this turbo, so, I don't have much of a reference.

I guess stretching the limit to 8k would also help, but, I wasn't really planning on fiddling with that because of reliability.

Thanks for the input!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Speed Addict is offline   Reply With Quote