*** Banned ***

Member#: 85813
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2002 E46 M3
2006 RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
The older ECUs have a limit on the airflow they'll understand (I think it's 300 g/s or something like that) but the thing that interests me the most is whether the MAF voltage maxed out in your setup. Do you have any data logs that show the MAF voltage?

How did your tuner get around the MAF being maxed out? It's common to just redo the MAF sensor scaling so that the ECU only "sees" half of the actual airflow, and then rescale the injectors so the ECU only "requests" half as much as they actually flow, so you end up with proper AFRs in the end. If your tuner took that approach and got your car working well with a sub-3" blow-through then I may just stick with a 3" tube...

I get the impression there have been different sensors used in different years though - does yours look like this? [click here]

And yes mine looks like that. The older ECUs could only see like 300 g/s where the 2.5L Ecu's can see 500 g/s.

Thanks!

My MAF was rescaled. I have more headroom but not a whole lot more. I'm boosting 22 psi on my hybrid and making 424 hp on a Mustang dyno. Tq is 415. Timing is super conservative at 16 at redline on methanol injection. Spring time we are bumping up everything. We wanted to keep it conservative since the new motor only had 500 miles on it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
CoolRex is offline   Reply With Quote