View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 01:09 AM   #75
saint_foo
Scooby Guru

Member#: 64364
Chapter/Region: MAIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardinshorty81 View Post
Well I know this doesn't have much to do with the thread, but people with transmission questions are usually looking for an upgrade.

It was said earlier that ppg are the best gears you can buy and many people can't afford them, but Albins makes a gearset that is both affordable and reliable(from tests by a few shops). Here is a link to the thread if anyone is interested: Albins Thread

Sure, it's news to most of us in the U.S. However, until someone does a fair side-by-side comparison with other solutions such as PPG and MFactory, all the hype isn't that helpful, other than saying there's another product available. All the Albins stuff I've heard/read basically sounds like a polished sales pitch. Almost like someone cut and pasted the words off a brochure.

Also, one of the complaints about PPGs that folks throw out there are the high pricing. Who's to say that Albins won't be more expensive? One thing that I've pointed out in the various 6-speed versus PPG versus MFactory postings is what is the final cost? How much will it set back the person who's car that it's going into? You not only need to factor in the parts, there's install costs, downtime, etc.

Artie from Agile - Have you actually experienced Albins in a Subaru or a different car manufacturer? Just curious.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
saint_foo is offline   Reply With Quote