Scooby Guru

Member#: 120
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
1996 Impreza coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark_22 View Post
yeah I know, its like the oem mount on my eg33, and I put sti mount with no problem(but dont know if the eg33 vs ez30 are the same)
Just want to know if somebody have done this with the ez30
The 2 bolt holes on the EJ25 mount line up perfectly with the two "inner" bolt holes on the EZ30 mount. However, the EJ25 mount has about a 20deg twist to one end of the engine mount, while the EZ30 mount locations are all in the same plane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
Can you elaborate a bit on canbus to canbus swaps? Most canbuses are already immobilized, I would say.
So, is it a regular plug and play, or are there modules that the other canbus may not recognize, such as .. maybe ABS?

And you'd swap ECU, immobilizer, have keys, body control module and cluster?

Is there a possibility that if your swap list of items is incomplete, once the canbus network does a self check, the ignition locks and then even if you complete the "swap inventory", it doesn't start without a dealer reset?
The extent of my knowledge is that CAN bus is different than non-CAN bus, thus mixing them or converting from one to the other is more complicated. My apologies if I gave the impression that I knew what I was talking about beyond that.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Patrick Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote