Old 10-21-2010, 11:02 PM   #1
dexterous
Scooby Guru

Member#: 23553
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 STI - Insanity!
2014 WRX - Daily

Default Need larger fuel lines, should I delete the EVAP system and use all three hard lines?

I have recently purchased an Element Tuning Pro Comp motor and I am in the process of piecing together a setup that should be more than capable of 500whp on a mustang dyno. My new setup is obviously going to need a lot of fuel so I have read just about very thread on NASIOC regarding upgraded fuel systems. In addition, I have spent time on the phone with Aeromotive and my tuner (Phil from Element) trying to pin down an exact design that will support my setup while trying to keep costs down. At this point, I think I have addressed just about every issue, question and concern accept one.

All my research indicates that the factory 5/16 fuel feed line between the A1000 fuel pump and the fuel rails is going to be inadequate. Based on a ton of research I have come to the conclusion that I dont want to run new fuel line for a multitude of reasons (safety, corrosion, etc). Based on this desire no retain the factory hard lines I started to wonder about reconfiguring the fuel system so that the standard factory fuel evap purge solenoid breather line was setup to act as a fuel return line. This would allow the factory return line to become a second feed line thus doubling the car's capacity to deliver fuel to the motor.

Based on close examination of my car it appears that the evap purge solenoid breather line (from here on out referred to as simply "the breather line") is constructed of identical materials as the factory fuel feed line and return line (All 5/16 hard line). Since I run a Hydra with no ODB2 capabilities the electronic pieces of the evap system are no used making the evap system pretty easy to delete.

Has anybody ever setup a Subaru like this? Google tells me that there are a few Evo owners that are running around with very high power levels that are configured like this (2x fuel feeds and former breather line running as a return.

I have attached a diagram of the fuel system that I plan on building using all three hard lines. I would appreciate any thoughts, experience and feedback you guys can give me. Thanks!

P.S. Lets stay closely on the topic of the fuel feed and return setup. I know exactly how to remove the EVAP system, etc.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
dexterous is offline   Reply With Quote