Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 185688
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2006 STi
WR Blue

Default eBay Short Ram/Cold Air Intake

I know it's a short ram, so not technically a CAI. Also I hadn't planned on running it for very long - just until I decide which route I'm going with the car. Here's a link to the part in question:
eBay CAI

Shipping was fast, and the quality is about what you would expect from an eBay product. The welds were clean, the bends in the tube were smooth, the air filter, couplings, and clamps all seemed to be of decent quality. The mount for the MAF sensor is where the issue lies. One screw hole is about 1/4" off. This means installing requires a test fit of the MAF, marking where the screw is supposed to go, drilling the hole, and tapping it.

Are there better setups out there? Yes, of course. Are there better at this price? Not likely. Since install, I have run data logs - no boost creep. Spool seems to be around 150-250 rpm earlier, but I feel like there's room to improve that further with tuning. It makes the turbo and recirc valve really loud.
It's cheap, and I'll probably trade it out for a nicer unit later, but it will do the job for now. I would recommend this as a bargain buy.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
roadtrip1098 is offline   Reply With Quote