Old 11-21-2011, 01:17 AM   #1
soccer05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

Default Soccer05 Bugeye Street/Track Build- 2.5L, LIC, JRZ, MSI, Custom Carbon Widebody

So after a long long time planning and saving, saving and planning, I am ready to really jump head first into my bugeye build. The car starts as a 2003 Subaru WRX with the OEM 5 speed. I have always been a suspension junkie, and focus a ton of time and effort onto having a stable chassis. This is a budget build, and basically is the maximum you can take the stock block and heads. Unfortunately, it costs quite a bit more money to cure all the wrx's suspension geometry than my 240sx, so while the majority of the suspension arms are adjustable, I will not be doing adjustable hubs to truly cure the wrx's suspension geometry. Nonetheless, you can have a competitive, fast, fun car without making the 5 grand investment in hubs. This build will cover my complete suspension makeover on the car, as well as a very healthy power upgrade and light aerodynamic work. All work is being done by me, alone, in my garage. My goals are to create a stable, competent base for me to hone my driving skills at track days. This car is my dual purpose daily driver and weekend toy, so there is some balance to keep the car fun and fast on the canyon roads in California. This car will be an aggressive street tarmac car as well as a potent entry level track/hpde vehicle to hone my track skills with an awd platform.

The bugeye is very slightly modified in its current state, just enough to be a little fun on the streets. It currently has Whiteline front and rear 24mm adjustable swaybars, Whiteline HD Swaybar mount, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Hotchkis Front Adjustable Endlinks (Whiteline Spherical One seized and broke about a month ago), H&R Coilovers, Ground Control Front and Rear Camber Plates, Cusco Engine Mounts, Whiteline transmission X-member bushing, and Kartboy forward shifter bushing. The transformation these meager changes made gives me a lot of hope and excitement at the potential of this build.

Hopefully this thread will help others see what goes into a build as mild as a bolt on build, and give more respect for the custom fabrication that goes into full on track builds.

I would like to thank the following shops and people for taking time out of their busy schedules to help what is truly a budget street/track build- Noah and Adam at LIC motorsports, Raffi at Full Race motorsports, Robert Fuller at Robispec, Mark at MooreSport Inc, Mike Warfield at GST Motorsports, TH Motorsports, Topspeed Motorsports, Tony at Turn in Concepts, and boostjunkie of nasioc. All these people took extra time out of their busy schedules to help develop a proper parts and development plan to meet my performance goals, both immediately as well as allowing me to add on and not have to replace parts for my future goals. Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my endless stream of questions, answering the effects of each part selection toasted my end goals, and putting other products/business projects on hold to take the time to help me reach my goals. The end result of this project and it's capabilities will be a result of the knowledge and firsthand experiences these people took the time to pass on to me. Thank you
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by soccer05; 06-22-2015 at 07:23 PM.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote