View Single Post
Old 02-11-2002, 02:48 PM   #7
byrdman
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 14228
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
WR Blue

i had this same problem with my WRX. here in kansas we have had a really mild winter so i only smelled the fuel once. but after i got the problem fixed some other problems went away. i want to share these thing with you so you can have some more help finding out if you have this same problem. i had touble starting my car after it has sat for a while. i did not notice this problem until November. the temperature here was getting down into the 40's at night. after a little warm up and driving would begin it almost felt like i had flat spots or a clump of tar on my tires. this would go away within 2 miles. but i never had the fuel smell with these probelms. after we had an ice storm and i went to start my car is when i noticed the fuel smell coming from the warm air from the heater. i took my car into the shop about a week ago. they had it fixed the same day i dropped it off. i seemed to have pick up a little bit of extra power. so you may have a fuel leak and never smell the fuel. if you are having any of these probelms print off the sube's letter and take it to your subaru dealer. this will get them started in the right direction.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
byrdman is offline   Reply With Quote