2019 911 GTS
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrG View Post
year: 2012
make: Subaru
model: WRX
tires only or winter package: either or

I've been researching for weeks but still can't decide what to do. I do pretty much all city driving and they are pretty good about plowing eventually, we do get some really bad storms but it can be a blizzard one day and 50 degrees out the next. I'm most worried about getting to work in the morning on the highway.

Thinking of 235/45/17 either Dunlop Winter Sport 3D or Continental Extreme Winter Contact most likely mounted on stock rims but thinking of ordering from Tire Rack with a cheap set of 17s mounted and balanced. Any other tires I should be considering? 16s with steelies are an option but it's going to suck when it's a nice day out and roads are clear I know.

Also what is the typical tread life of a performance winter versus say Artimax or Blizzak WS70? I hope to get at least 3-4 years out of them, only drive about 1,000 miles a month.

When I was living in Cleveland I used Michelin X-Ice2s with great success.

Never got stuck, managed to negotiate the interstates without any issues, handled the ice/black ice/snow etc just fine.

No significant wear on 'warmer' days on the interstate after 2 years of use, and probably 20k miles.

Bought them for my in-laws and my SO as well.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
the_saintusa is offline   Reply With Quote