JdanS
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 28129
Vehicle:
05 Legacy Wagon
Red GT ltd

Quote:
Originally posted by GTRacer
Welcome to I-club! How's your experience with the Celica Turbo? I thought about getting one before I bought my Impreza but I heard parts were expensive, etc. etc....

The Celica is an awesome car with very predictable handling characteristics. It responds well to the application of power through a corner (well.. you should be on the power just before you hit the corner). The ST185 (last model available in Canada with turbo/4WD) is only 200hp stock and it weighs over 3300 lbs which is around 16.5 lbs/hp so it lacks a little in the raw power performance area. It is pretty easy to get it up to 250hp but as you heard it is not cheap and after market parts were really hard to find for the longest time. It is a lot easier to get stuff for it now than a few years ago. Any part you need from Toyota is really Bling Bling.

The interior is nice and comfortable...like a lexus.. it came stock with a 200W 10 speaker cd system so it sounds pretty good too. It can hold a ton of stuff but if you want to put people in the back seats you will have to cut their legs off first.

Mine is a '92 vintage with 127000 Kms on it and it hasn't given me any troubles... until now hehehe. The headgasket has a little leak and the suspension bushings are getting a little soft. I had to replace a radiator hose last week too. So it is at the point where I need to start spending cash to keep it sweet.

Our Legacy is a nice car so I thought the WRX would be a good replacement for the Celica. What do you think?

I would be interested in seeing how the two compare. The WRX has the edge on the Celica in technology (10years newer) and it has a better power to weight ratio. The only thing that hasn't sent me running to get the WRX is the possiblity of the STi and I really like the Celica... it's a classic

JdanS
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
JdanS is offline   Reply With Quote