View Single Post
Old 08-19-2003, 02:39 PM   #24
stimpy
Homicidal Maniac

Member#: 1612
Vehicle:
2008 STI

People are misinterpreting my post.

I am not asking how to wire up the clock, I can figure that out on my own as that is the most straightforward of all the diagrams I have looked at thus far. I am not asking if I can just bolt in my MY03 cluster harness into my car because I don't have a MY00 anything (I have a MY96) and because I know it won't match up since I am converting from a mechanical gauge cluster to a digital one.

The purpose of my post was to get an understanding of the organization of the wiring diagrams, not for specific help on specific wires. In looking at some of the diagrams, regardless of WHAT we are trying to wire up, some of the pin outs are not included in the initial diagram, but elsewhere in other diagrams. This is what I am trying to verify. Also, I would like to know if there is some logical procedure for finding the pinouts for a certain plug aside from doing a search for all references of a plug name; ie: i1 or b36 or any others for that matter.

For the record, I AM putting the WRX clock in my car because mine doesn't have one in the dash like the newer Imprezas. I apologize for the confusion in the thread but I'm asking for help in only understanding all the documentation I have. Please try to disregard the specific information in my examples and read it as help in understanding the wiring. There is a very high probability that I may be the only one in a specific situation and so I am trying to avoid asking specific questions that nobody could really answer.

Just a little FYI, the MY03 cluster harness has 7 plugs total, 3 green ones going to the cluster itself, one white one going to the clock in the dash, one white one going to the hazard light switch, one white one going to part of the bulkhead wiring harness, and one brown one going to part of the bulkhead wiring harness. So, no, it won't plug into the MY00 bulkhead wiring harness.

I can post links to a couple shots of diagrams showing my dilemma if anybody would like.

-Jon
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote