View Single Post
Old 02-12-2002, 02:14 PM   #43
Mwahaworld
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 14835
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX 4D
White

I had that smell for the couple days after i got my new wrx, but i have been ignoring it by switch my air conditioning to inside routing instead of take air from outside. since you guys have mentioning the smell and seems like a lot people is having that problem. i just took my car for a run and try to do everything to my car (sudden acceleration, hard braking, quick turn, abusing clutch, etc) to make that smell but it just won't do it. i also check all the host after the run and i see no leaking or what so ever. when i first test drive a wrx from the dealer, i smell the same thing too after i park the car and check out the engine. and i ask the sales person, he said it's the clutch burning. i didn't ask why, but he seems not too impress about that smell. i know there's another post about the smell issue in vivid's forum. the address is http://www.johnnyhookup.com/cgi-bin/...=13&thread=166
it might not be much help but maybe you can get what you want to know there... anyway, i hope all you guys get to fix that problem soon. good luck y'all.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Mwahaworld is offline   Reply With Quote