Member#: 308827
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza
Pacifica Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPhilli911 View Post
Car is a 2004 STI.

The key fob was acting up (lock and unlock buttons didn't work most of the time unless I mashed the buttons... but the red light still lit up), so I replaced the battery. Seemed to do the trick.

5 months later it's doing it again. First thing I did was replace the battery, but this time it did nothing to solve the issue. So I dissected the fob to check the circuit connections, which appears to be all intact.

Any ideas? I can still open the doors with it after hitting the button about a hundred times (I wish I was exaggerating). I'll use the key in the meantime, but any advice would be great. Thanks!
im having the exact same problem with my 04 RS. sometimes the fob will work perfectly, other times i'll have to smash the buttons like 50 times to get it to finally work. and then sometimes it only works once and quits again, so if i want to unlock all the doors or arm the alarm im screwed. i have several friends having the same issues so it'd be great to have this problem figured out and i cud take the info to them.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
94ScoobSTi is offline   Reply With Quote