Old 03-08-2013, 09:34 PM   #17
vwgti123
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 335945
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 Sport Limited
Satin White Pearl

I just want to say that My CVT SWP spt limited has provided me with less than 27 MPG hand calc since new, sometimes less than 25mpg. I have over 5k on the car now. I have done everything in my power and cannot reach 30mpg per tank, which as you can expect leads to a pretty boring driving experience, to be honest damn depressing.

Lets just think about this... doing exact same commute over several years -97 buick skylark v6 could consistently achieve 26mpg - - 2010 VW GTI 6spd -200hp and not so boring driving experience - - could consistently achieve above 30 MPG - - I dont think I am wrong to to assume that I would be able to achieve approx 30mpg + from this car. But do not. Why???? Is it possible the advertised achievable MPG's for the CVT are inflated?

I have read and read and read.... so many reasons why I should just accept this due to reasons as AWD, at least it doesn't break down, I love my car so I am ok with it, yeh but if it snows I can get places, my old car had horrible MPG's so... and so on.

So IMO yes, there is a serious problem with the Advertised MPG claims for the CVT by Subaru. IMO the CVT when driven in real world situations, as many buyers purchased the car for, was drastically false advertised and will leave MANY buyers with a feeling of being taken, lied to, and frankly wripped off. Many buyers moved on from other cars based upon advertised MPG's which they felt were obtainable only to find they are not. That is what I am living with. Not a bad car, drives nice, has some rattles, but consumers dont like to be made a fool of, which IMO the CVT advertised MPG's does. Before all the rebuttles come flying in again. This is about the CVT, I cannot and won't comment on M/T, would be ignorant for me to do so.

My biggest problem is, Every car I have ever owned/currently own I can/have always been able to achieve and beat the MPG claims. There are reasons out of my control why I cannot with this car. They are called false advertising. I have file opened with SOA and time will tell if anything transpires. Based upon what I have read on this forum, there are more buyers who feel similar to me. If you do, please do what I did and call SOA and tell them you want a file opened and lets do something about this.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
vwgti123 is offline   Reply With Quote