View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #8
Xafen
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 306398
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Premium
Camellia Red

You can get much higher quality speakers, for less, just by going into somewhere like best buy. A car audio place will be even better. Doing it yourself would be very cheap, and you could get exactly what you want.

Basically, if you don't want AWD, I would say go for the focus. I absolutely hated its driving dynamics, but that's just me.

Really, I can't complain about the cabin noise, I don't think it's at all bad in the Impreza. Last week I took a trip to Minneapolis from Omaha, and the whole ~1000 mile trip was quite enjoyable except for the horrible interstate from Omaha to Des Moines. One 4 hour leg, without stop, was acceptably quiet, though I sort of miss the ride of my old "grandma car" Buick.

I forget if the Focus has any steering auto-correct for wind. That was one thing I noticed driving into a 40 mph diagonal wind; though any car without auto-correct steering will be a bit of a bear driving 70 mph into a 40 mph diagonal wind.

I don't think you can really say ford is unreliable anymore, it's just Subaru is SO reliable, it's hard to say something else would be better.

Again, if you can live without AWD, then I would say the Focus is for you. If you want AWD, the Subaru. The other issues you talk about seem minor?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Xafen is offline   Reply With Quote