Member#: 301547
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2006 Subaru STi
Aspen White

Quote:
Originally Posted by konradlip View Post
PLEASE HELP

i got my car 6 months ago and both the fron and rear bumpers were scratched and clear was cracked. i dont have money to profesionally repaint them so i want to do it myself. while getting them painted ill probably do the sideskirts as well. my qestion is what do i need to do the job? what primer, where to get the best match for psm, what clear to use, what spray gun should i get. basically everything. i have some experience in spraying metal and such but never a plastic bumper. also the front bumper has few deep scratches on the bottom that will need to be filled. what shoukdmi use for them? thanks
You don't always need to go from the ground up, if your primer and color are still good there is not always a need to lay them back down. The biggest things you will need is a booth if you have access. Then I would invest in a iwata. Depending on how much you will use it either a w400 or air gunza. Go visit your local body supply store and see what paint lines they carry. Also don't forget a plastic adhesion promoter
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
braydeno is offline   Reply With Quote