Scooby Newbie

Member#: 249207
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2020 Supra
Downshift Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec C View Post
The EG has a following over here some pretty impressive numbers are being generated. I guess it depends on what you want it for, the EZ is a lot lighter and has less effect on weight bias, but add the Holset and the weight starts to rise again, and the added weight is high up as well. I really wanted to use a variable geometry turbo, so at the time I was making my mind up, the Holset seemed to be a good route to go. I am now thinking (for the future) about twin GT3063KLV's, been scratching my head trying to work out how to keep them in sync.
Why worry about keeping them in sync? Keep the pid controllers motoring backpressure, outlet PSI, EGTs and shaft speed. Just have them both pump out the same pressure. So long as they are targeting their pressure it shouldnt be an issue. Remember you will have some differences in flow between the two heads as nothing is perfect. Or you could just average the two in your controller and send a single command to both turbos. Either way would work fine. I don't get a lot of the finer points, but I'e gotten away from overthinking all of this stuff.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Fuj1wara is offline   Reply With Quote