View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
bballchris24
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 220682
Vehicle:
2007 Subaru WRX Sti
White

Default 07 Sti: Which Catted Downpipe Is Best For a Protune?

Like the title says. Here is my projected setup:

Cobb AP
Headers
Uppipe
Invidia Race Catback
Spt Short Ram Intake w/ Heatshield
Walbro Fuel Pump
NGK 1 Step Colder Plugs

Here is some research i have read so far. I was going to with a Helix catted downpipe but i read that the placement of the cat wasnt ideal and would choke up the car quite a bit while tuning because the cat is so close to the turbo. I also read that the downpipe might sound a bit raspy like a civic in higher RPMS and i do not want that sound, but i still get mixed reviews. With a Cobb Catted Downpipe, i read that the placement of the cat was more ideal because it was towards the end of the downpipe and would produce better results. Also read that the Cobb had more of a deep sound to it but i still got mixed reviews. But I am not limiting my self to only those two, but those are the only two i have read up on, so maybe an invidia catted downpipe?

So with your experiences, which catted downpipe out there will produce better results with my setup on my 07 sti? And which catted downpipe has that nice deep subaru sound all the way through from low rpms to high rpms? So Im not worried how loud my car can be, i just want my car to sound like a subaru and not a civic. Thanks in advance.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
bballchris24 is offline   Reply With Quote