tino
Top Scoob 019

Member#: 43630
Vehicle:
2004 GT40R-built 2.5
604 whp @1.8 BAR on VP109

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayz View Post
i can solve that problem too dude... just leave her with me. I promise tolook after it and take car as if it were my own
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynoSTI View Post
I'll buy it off you mate if he leaves it. I want to go the ring too, you are very lucky mate. What kinda times are you putting down there?

As long as i take a fezza home with me preferably a 458 italia, then you may have your way with it.. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayz View Post
Believe it or not i dont really push for times. The ring is such a dangerous place that if you start timing then you tend to push too hard, sometimes beyond your limits. At a local track its fine as you have plenty of runoff and lots of help at hand etc.
Pushing it on the ring is a gamblers game. my first ever drive there i knew nothing of the circuit and against all advise i went out in the rain. Even with only 330bhp the first 4 gears were useless to wheelspin, and i think i made a time of around 14 min!!
The track is dangerous, firstly its 147 corners and 20.8km long. So keeping your concentration for a complete lap is tough. Then you have the undulations. the difference between the highest and lowest point on the track is over 300m. Almost every corner is blind and so is every crest. So nothing to tell you if there is a crash or fallen biker on your next turn.
The weather is also crazy at the ring, on one lap you could be in rain, sleet, fog and sunshine all in one hit. And with the track being in the forest, leaves and tree sap are another obvious hazard. Not even mentioned slow traffic yet!!

On return from the ring on my first outing i decided to spend the next 6 months learning every single corner before i returned. This helped me hugely.

With only 330bhp on road tyres/brakes i managed an 8.40minBTG.

i havent timed my car there since. But i will return with over 500bhp

So we shall see

Hmm thats doing not a bad time mate.. Did you learn the corners on gran turismo?? lots of people do some sort of simulation ive been told..
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
tino is offline   Reply With Quote