Old 06-12-2016, 04:56 AM   #191
bugwrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 412169
Vehicle:
02 wrx-sedan
wrb

Thread revival.

Been looking for a new exhaust that had a nice deep non raspy rumble to replace my old m2 cobb replica catback with one that also has an oval muffler. I've been looking at the type re for a while now and finally pulled the trigger since they dropped price.

Fitment is great when mated to my godspeed catted downpipe. All the hanger posts lined up nicely. There isn't any contact or rubbing with kart boy long hangers.
NOTE- once the exhaust was installed i noticed the muffler was slightly crooked/off center if you looked at it from behind or above. So i swapped the long kart boy hanger on the left of the muffler with a normal length kart boy hanger and it centered perfectly. I noticed many also have a similar issue, try this if yours is not centered.

Appearance is fantastic. I dig the oval looking mufflers and this looks like it would be a high quality factory upgrade option. The tip is 4.5 in diameter quite large but looks great.

Sound is actually really good imo, my friend said it sounds like a more refined burbley version of the m2. My girlfriend noticed and mentioned it sounds like my other exhaust(blitz nur spec r) just not as loud, which is what I was looking for. There is also zero drone even at 80+ mph on freeway. Driving around town it has a smooth pur from in cabin but outside of car it's actually quite bassy, far less rasp than the m2 if any at all. Thinking about it, it does remind me of the blitz obviously with less volume. Here's a little clip my friend & I made, there's also a clip of the m2 on his yt to compare with. Anyone looking for a nice sounding stock looking exhaust I highly recommend the type re, just remember to try the short hanger if you're using all long ones to center the muffler.

https://youtu.be/fPEYlv-3V7o
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
bugwrx is offline   Reply With Quote