subarud
Gone.. But not forgotten
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 9863
Vehicle:
02 WRX Blue & Fast
91 S10 Red & Abused

Talking Bosal Downpipe from Rallispec

Recently, I ordered the Bosal Downpipe from Rallispec. Here are my thoughts on the pipe....

Before I installed the Bosal DP I was running a Vishnu Uppipe, Stromung 3rd Cat Eliminator, Straight pipe (no muffler), Samco IC hoses, and an MBC. Boost came on early and maintained pretty well until redline. Well, I thought that setup was good until I added this piece...

OMG, the first thing I said after the install ) was “God damn listen to these sounds”. I’m not joking, the noises/sounds/music that this dp makes are incredible. The twin dump design is what definitely makes this a winner in my eyes. Sounds like a really quiet BOV every time you get on the throttle or let off. The thing just sounds wicked.

The install was easy, it took me 1.5 hours as this was my first time and I work slow. All the bolts and flanges lined up perfectly except for one where there was too much weld and the nut didn’t screw on all the way. But everything else was snug. Also, it included new gaskets which is a nice little addition. The heatshield was kind of a pain in the ass. Mine is all hacked up from an uppipe install and I didn’t feel like cutting it anymore for this twin dump design so I’m going to fabricate my own with a metal sheet. I hooked my stock muffler back up because I really don’t want to shoot flames and being loud isn’t always a good thing, especially in CA!

The bosal downpipe definitely helped the spoolup on my stock turbo (I’d say 300 rpms?!). It just feels more eager to rev and maintain boost. When I mash the throttle I am almost instantly on boost

Considering the price, $260 shipped you can’t go wrong. I am thinking of removing the stromung 3rd cat eliminator because I want to be eco friendly and use it for track days. No one (vendor/manufacturer that I am aware of) offers this design in a downpipe with the option of running the 3rd cat section.

I would definitely recommend this piece even if there were no gains to be had with it (which there definitely are) because the sounds that emanate from the turbo area are just inebriating! Sorry I don't have pics but you can sure ask me any questions that come to mind.

Oh and if you don’t like the sounds it makes, check your pulse!

~Evan
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
subarud is offline   Reply With Quote