iowasuby
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 65311
Vehicle:
2014 Forester XT
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4S-TURBO View Post
Well, finally drove an XT yesterday and all I can say is...underwhelming. CVT, 2 liter, and tippy suspension make for a frustrating romp. For everyday use I would save the money and opt for the non-turbo. Mileage is better, and acceleration is more than adequate for money outlay. As someone who has owned 2 FXT's, this was a serious letdown. Sure the interior is much improved and there are all sorts of doo-dads and a power liftgate, but those things exist in a non-turbo premium as well. Tow rating also the same.

Could not find the 258 lb ft of torque between 2000 and 4800 rpms. The CVT and sport modes yield similar acceleration (ie felt like automatic BRZ). Paddles complete waste of time. Having just come out of an '06 FXT and into the '14, even the salesman said the '06 felt way faster. Same driving style, same loop. There's just no surge of power when you need it or think you will have it like the old 2.5's had. Published numbers say it's faster, but real world driving says it's not. I was relying on those numbers heading into test drive. As such, underwhelming.

I was expecting more of everything with the new model. Instead there's not enough of what should matter in a turbo sport model to justify the $35K price. I know there will be a lot of criticism of my take from people who haven't driven one, and a lot of "what did you expects," being this is the first review from a forum member. And it's critical. But I'm just being honest as someone who has liked the turbo Foz idea from day one...and has literally bought into it. Twice.

Ugh, back to square one.
Which mode did you set in Si Drive? Or are you saying every mode sucked?

Also, any idea if the dealership put 87,91 or 93 octane in it?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
iowasuby is offline   Reply With Quote