Grimmwold
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 9079
Vehicle:
2001 Nissan Altima
Green

Quote:
Originally posted by sherifx
I'm not really particular about the speakers being Infinitys.... I'll look in to the head units though... thanks...

sherif
Y'might want to look into a Nak MB-100 on the Nakamichi side(approx $700). No amplifier included, with a separate pre-amp unit. It supposedly puts out GREAT sound(superior to just about any HU that includes an amp), and it's a 6 disc in-dash changer. The only problem I've heard about it is that it can be picky about CDRs(mostly related to the color of the disc. Silver and gold should play fine in it though.

As for speakers, check into the Diamond Hex line. Nice sounding speakers, and they're pretty slim(less than 2 inches mounting depth). If you're looking at serious audiophile grade speakers, look into Rainbow, A/D/S, or Dynaudio(the Dynaudios will probably require kick panels). I've also heard that OZ makes a good tweeter(not sure which one though), and that Orion has some sound-off quality speakers.

Note:The Blau San Fran will require you to cut or something to fit itinto your dash. It's face is a bit too wide because it is Din-E sized(Euro Din). It also doesn't fit exactly right in the mounting brackets probably.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Grimmwold is offline   Reply With Quote