Scooby Newbie

Member#: 283467
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2011 STi
Plasma Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnormal View Post

And no... Not a pride thing. However, if it's nice enough out to wash it... Might as well go drive it!
That's what I'm talking about

I get so much crap for having a dirty STi...they rally bred cars that belong in the dirt, so get off my back. Like Abnormal said, if its nice enough out to wash it, then I might as well go drive it instead.

Not to get off topic, but this stems to another issue and rant I have to get out...Why do people buy an STi to not drive them, then give me s**t for putting on alot of miles in a short period of time and not keeping it show room clean (not anyone on NASIOC specifically, but some people i have run into)???? I make sure I clean off bird crap and other harmful things immediately, but dirt don't hurt unless you have people rubbing up against your car regularly, which would be kinda weird. In addition, I buy cars to drive them and enjoy them, not let them sit in my garage to look pretty and say I have an STi. Also if you live in the DC, NOVA area and have to drive on 495 by Tysons daily, then there is no point to washing your car weekly, like I hear some people say on here, because it will be filthy in two 495 trips (or two days) due to the hot lanes construction. I hear about people on here with '07's and down with less than 4K on them?!?!? I realize there are ballers out there and they can have two, three or maybe four cars, but come on less than a 1K a year is retarded for a car that is meant to be driven.

Are you people trying to conserve it like a rare F50 ferrari...If so, trust me in 10 years the STi will still be around and the older models will get keep getting older, modded and continue to lose value (at a slow rate perhaps, but it will still decrease regardless). Its not a collectors cars which is why thousands have been made over the years, and you don't see collectors going nuts to find them and now have 16 year olds in 04's, which will most likely end up getting destored (I am talking US spec STi's specifically not 207's or any of the limited edition STi's that never legally make it to the US). So I am baffled by this.

I own an '07 IS 350 and a '11 STi both bought new with less then 10 miles on them, now have 39K and 22K, respectively. Yes I drive my STi and love it, then in however many years I will sell it for what I can get and get something new, and hopefully faster

End rant/
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
STiNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote