Member#: 4764
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2004 STi sold :(
forizzle

Quote:
Originally posted by LinuxGuy

Metoo,

Ok, maybe I came down too hard with my reasonings, I dont want this thread to turn into a flame war either.

Here the pics....

If you compare the side widths of the scoops in the old and new models (the bodyline where the scoop and the hood butt up, the last 2 pictures show this the best) its visually a 2"-3" longer than the old intercooler scoop opening on the hood, you can also see the radius on all 4 corners of the scoop opening are smaller . Also you can tell the countours on the area of the hood where the IC scoop is there visually different also.
Awesome way to reply. I appreciate that. Hosnestly, the 1st and 3rd pic are the most informative to me. The corner radii are larger on the old scoop. Nuff proof right there. Going further, I definately didn't catch that little fact of how much closer the footprint of the new scoop was to the windshield. Though I know know all I need to know about the scoops from seeing them in person. I appreciate the pics.

Quote:
Originally posted by drmosh

I WANT TO TAKE OFF THE TURBO ON THE STI!!! I THINK IT'S TOO RICE!!
I recommend that you do just that. Just be sure to send it to me and I'll properly dispose of it for you.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.