eps105
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 205153
Vehicle:
2014 Forester 2.5i
Venetian Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans2k View Post
I have the 2012 sport impreza with the paddles shifters. When needing to make a quick downshift and a turn, it gets a bit frustrating. It would have been better to locate the paddles on the console or just kept it on the shifter. Not sure what the lock to lock steering is on the forester is but on the impreza it is quite long. So when I do have to down shift and turn, I do lose some road concentration to make sure I hit the right paddle. Which really dumb because the whole point of the paddles are to keep both hands on the steering wheel to be more safe but if you have to draw some tension away from the road to shift up or down then this defeats the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A W View Post
Yes, exactly. That's one of the reasons why it's much more logical to stick the paddle shifters on the console rather than the steering wheel.
And exactly the reasons why I am NOT at all upset that the 2.5i Foresters don't have paddle shifters at all. I have them in my 3.6R Outback and they are a novelty that I try once or twice a year and then forget about. The "L" setting should be more than fine for the rare instances when I am crawling through a traffic jam or need a controlled start in snow.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
eps105 is offline   Reply With Quote