Scooby Newbie

Member#: 335696
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2013 STI (5dr)
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolvrwrx View Post
I guess you could call that a scam... a bait-n-switch of sorts, but in the end it is the consumer's choice to say "I don't want to pay more than the agreed upon price, let me know when my car arrives with the price that we agreed upon." There is a very long thread going with people who ordered 2013 model WRXs and it seems that most folks ask for the VIN once it is available anyway.
I agree, but imagine you ordered the car with the expectations of 4-6 weeks, then told it was going to be about 12 weeks. Then in a couple of weeks they call and say a car almost just like the one your ordered arrived and you can have it NOW (but pay up for the dealer installs) or wait a few more weeks or months?

I can see WHY people jump on it because they are already waiting and disappointed. If they are financing it then it is probably only a few extra bucks a month for them.

After reading the WRX/STI 2013 order thread, there are people waiting for over 4 months already. So I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience or thought this could possible happen in the Subu community.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
prohobo is offline   Reply With Quote