Old 12-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #12
Dmochowski
Scooby Guru

Member#: 306478
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2016 Focus RS
stock

pretty sure he is getting at with the psi means little comment bc 14psi on one turbo is not the same as 14psi on a larger turbo, the larger one will flow more air at the same psi as the smaller one. also there comes a point at which more psi becomes meaningless bc it is inefficient beyond a certain range. Its been a while since i have read all that info so you might want to read the turbo faq in the newbie section

Most people just look at afr bc its easily read off your cobb ap. I think of my boost gauge more of a diagnostic tool. You can also use the knock part of the ap to monitor for that and look and see if there is any timing being pulled at wot. but i dont ever really look at after i load it and drive around a couple times to ease my mind about the map.

if you load a map and like it just look to see what your afr's are, look to see what the timing is if any is being pulled and watch for knock. If everything seems ok they you will be fine. Like other guy said stock motor ringlands fail so whatever. btw you can log a third gear wot pull o nthe highway from like 3k rpm to redline then post it in the engine management section under access port and cobb guys will look at it and tell you if everything is ok
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Dmochowski is offline   Reply With Quote