blackfang
Scooby Guru

Member#: 131347
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2007 Legacy 2.5i SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrysImpreza View Post
You don't feel a company making a false claim isn't a corporate issue? Honda owners tended to disagree with the Civic Hybrid claims.
The company isn't making a false claim at all. The EPA requirements are never exact and it can vary. It even states that on the sticker. That is why they say "up to 36mpg" .The rating also has a combined estimate of 30 mpg. The manual transmission model is 25. Now using a link from a site you mentioned, this link shows the average for 2012 Impreza's non WRX http://www.fuelly.com/car/subaru/impreza/2012

Nothing in that shows that these cars are getting significant less gas mileage. 8 out of 35 vehicles are getting less than 25 mpg on average. 5 of those 8 are under 22 mpg. So please explain to me where there is a significant issue?

Also why are you even comparing a Honda Hybrid with a Subaru Impreza? Also if I recall, the Honda issue has a much larger difference in what was claimed and what the owners are getting. Then again, some Hybrid owners tend to be a little loopy anyways.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
blackfang is offline   Reply With Quote