Scooby Guru

Member#: 6214
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
01.5 Audi S4
www.motorsportsalaska.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getagrip
The earlier you start racing the more experience yoy'll have. So, get on with it! You gotta start SOMEtime. Give it a go, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Who knows, maybe you won't like it. But you'll never know unless you try it. This post is for everybody on this board (not just TRDvibe) who have been on the fence on whether to try it or not.
Truer words have never been said. you have to start sometime. I started early in a season, on a fluke. Jake is the reason for me being hooked on it now. Long story cut short (or tried to) I was wanting to modify my Legacy (was hard for us early Legacy modifiers) and was referred to Jake, and met up with a few at an early AKIC meet, jake said "you shoudl come out to the Autocross, you dont have to run if you dont want to, but come out early incase" So that I did, was convinced by another SCCA member there to give it a go, got adrenaline pumping, then had Jake show me how hard the car can be pushed. NOW, I have been amazing Miata drivers left and right of how fast and smooth (so they say) I can plow my boat around the course.

It Is all in fun, (for me at least) and the wow factor, "WOW, I didnt hit that cone??!!" LOL
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AKSubie is offline   Reply With Quote