Merci Buckets

Member#: 88606
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2018 Grand Cherokee
Velvet Red Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody06967 View Post
I haven't seen any ATS on the road (maybe because Michigan = 'murica?) but checked them out at the NY Auto Show last week, looks and seems like a nicely designed car and fairly inexpensive to start too. Not sure I'm sold on small displacement turbo fours for luxury cars but it's definitely the way of the world these days. Tons of turbo fours and that really crappy "frozen" paint at the show last week.
If the car is comfortable, quiet, and performs well does it really matter what is under the hood? People who buy luxury cars aren't necessarily buying it for the engine. On the flip side, people who buy performance models from a luxury car brand aren't necessarily buying them for the luxury. There is a reason why the standard CTS got a 3.6L V6 and the V model got a supercharged V8. One exists for luxury. The other exists to propel a luxurious sport sedan.

Those of us who want the grunt of a V8 and a throaty exhaust aren't the typical luxury car buyer. We purchase things that are "sport" in nature. This is why the V-series exists. This is why BMW has M and Mercedes has AMG. There exists a group who want the luxury AND the sport. Unfortunately for most of us we seem to fall into a group wherein we can't afford the cars made for us . I would love to own a CTS-V or BMW-M, but don't want to afford the payments or the insurance.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Scooby921 is offline   Reply With Quote