alphakry
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)

Member#: 48239
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2006 STI
White

I think they need to come out and just say it... they don't stock items.
Almost every single customer on this thread share the same issues, primarily being POOR communication and LONG INACCURATE shipping times.

I've seen the "we usually stock it but they sell out quick" excuse used many times, as well as Mauro admitting they are a vendor based out of a very small location (a home garage was it?). They expressed their intent on buying a larger warehouse space, but it doesn't seem to of happened.

Based on my following of this thread, i can only assume that they still are operating out of this small space with LITTLE TO NO stock whatsoever. Which means they wait for your order, they place it with a distributor and then are at the liberty of how long it takes the distributor to fill the order. If they were up front about this, it likely would be accepted by many of the people here on the thread, as they would know what they are signing up for.

But when members of this community are left in the dark and expect a certain ship date without any indication it will take any longer (many of the time, MUCH MUCH longer), it shows a certain lack-of-ethics and business accountability in this vendor.

It is my honest opinion that this also hurts the general business of the online vendor community, by installing a fear in certain members to do any eBusiness at all. It's become pretty common knowledge that many of the eBay auto sellers are very risky and incredibly prone to poor quality control - however message board vendors such as the ones on NASIOC strive on being reliable and trustworthy.

However I've actually spoken to a member who now fears to do business with any vendor on the forums due to their experiences with this specific vendor.
Simply put, the business practices I am seeing on this thread are threatening more then just their own business.(in fact, somehow it doesn't appear they are very phased by it, so they must still be getting plenty of business elsewhere)
I honestly believe it's threatening the business of online vendors as a whole!

Mauro - shape up or ship out!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by alphakry; 10-23-2006 at 09:45 AM.
alphakry is offline   Reply With Quote