Old 01-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #21
Yotsuya
Scooby Guru

Member#: 935
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
Will Woollard
Fan Club

I was lucky enough to get a room that opened up near Lewiston. Last year I tried staying in Gaylord and it sucked. Too far away from HQ and the road to get there was dull as hell and miserable at 6 in the morning. The main road may be dry, but everything else should just be flattened and not plowed down to the pavement. If the weather cooperates everything other M32 and M33 will look like this:

You really should have snow tires, and after spending part of December in Quebec I can't believe you're not allowed to use studded tires in Michigan where the conditions are very similar. Extra socks, boots, and heavy gloves are a must, and the heater packets can be useful, too. I need to stock up on a few. Also a flashlight you can put in your coat can be handy, too.

100 AW has had some real freak weather over the years. Just don't go on summer tires and hope there aren't any ice storms. Cuba is close to the highway and okay as a base for spectating, but I normally stay farther south at Montauk State Park's lodge since they're getting it ready for Trout Season that starts a week after the rally and all the rooms are freshly cleaned. It's a big, spread out rally with a lot of driving.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Yotsuya is offline   Reply With Quote