Scooby Newbie

Member#: 250954
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2006 Forester XT
SGM

Default Pioneer AVIC-X940BT Questions

Hey Guys,

So I'm planning on putting an aftermarket stereo into my new 2013 WRX. More specifically, I ordered a 2013 and I'm doing some planning about my modifications before it arrives sometime in April. Here's the scoop:

I have done a bunch of research here on Nasioc, as well as external websites like subaruaudio.net and ae64.com but haven't been able to plan out every detail exactly. I'm looking to install the Pioneer AVIC-X940BT head unit, but would like to keep everything as stock as possible. I'm trying to find a solution to be able to use the stock USB/AUX jack in the center console. Looks like this:

The tricky part is that the head unit I want to use (Pioner AVICX940BT) has a few limitations. Here's what the back of the unit looks like:

There is a break out cable that has USB/AUX on it, which looks like this:

My issue is that I want to be able to use the iPhone / iPod feature of the head unit. It allows you to display your album artwork and interface with some specific apps off of the iPhone (like pandora and other music related apps). In order to use this feature though, you have to use this Pioneer specific cable that connects both USB and AUX at the same time:

I'm not sure why it's necessary to have the phone plugged in via USB and AUX at the same time, it seems like USB should be able to handle a data connection like this. But that means that the 1 AUX connection on the breakout cable is taken up by this feature, and I will not be able to ALSO connect the AUX jack in the center console, right?

On my current head unit (AVIC-U310BT) there is a USB port and AUX port on the back, and allows me to cycle between iPod and AUX modes so that I can have a 2nd device (or passenger's device) plugged into the AUX in the center console. I would like to mirror this feature on my 2013 and connect into my stock center console AUX. Has anyone used this head unit that can tell me more info about it? I'm purely going off of specs and reviews for my information. I hope that I'm missing something but it seems that I can either use USB/AUX separately, OR combine them to use the iPhone specific features.

Any suggestions?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
royalnewjersey is offline   Reply With Quote