Scooby Newbie

Member#: 356307
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limited
Crystal White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subisnacks View Post
So I am biased about CVT. My wife's Nissan broke down on a road trip cause the CVT and I had to get a rental to get home and then make a ten hour drive round trip to get the car back.

I really don't understand people wanting or liking the CVT. Comments about having to think about shifting when driving a manual don't make sense to me. A manual transmission is so much more engaging and enjoyable, even if I have to put up with bad traffic. Once you have the muscle memory for a manual you shouldn't have to "think" about it.

It seems like Americans in general don't want to be engaged in their driving, they need their Google cars to drive them around so they can text while eating their Big Macs.

I feel more in tune and connected and in control of my car when it is a manual. I would not consider ever buying any kind of performance car that was automatic.

As for a good word to use instead of "shift" for the CVTs I nominate "slide", makes sense to me.

While i understand your frustration with cvt transmissions however the Nissan's transmission was a steel woven belt where as the Subaru Cvt is a Chain Driven CVT which should improve reliablity.

I too am against automatics however my wife is against getting a manual she is distracted easily and its hard enough for her to drive i think it would make her concentrate more but thats just me.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Rainmaker86; 04-30-2014 at 09:13 AM.
Rainmaker86 is offline   Reply With Quote