Scooby Newbie

Member#: 288090
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2010 STi
OBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si1ver&B1acK View Post
I would expect to see more BRZ and FR-Ss in attendance and less WRX/STIs. I think these cars will be fun to drive on the track with stock power, upgraded brakes, suspension and tires. Phil turned a 2:17 at VIR in his FR-S. But at that point, your driving a RWD car and might want to look at a BMW, Mazda, et.al. considering the current price/availability of the BRZ.

I still love both my Subaru's and enjoy tracking them and instructing other Subaru drivers. I always keep a spare Subaru oil cap in my truck for those in need and make an effort to spot any Subaru engines with that dreadful AOS installed on the oil filler tube.

My advise to those just getting into tracking their Subaru successfully.
1) leave the car stock (except for brake pad & fluid) and use all the money to go to more events. Invest in the driver, not the car. Buy spare front rotors and pads and have them ready. It wont take long before you will need them.
2) upgrade the brakes & cooling if needed & maybe suspension (sways & endlinks) and go to more events.
3) move to a more aggressive tire, install a baffled oil pan & proper AOS (Moroso, Element, Crawford) and go to more events. If you need more power, go up to stage II... exhaust & solid tune. Run 93 with a couple gallons of 100 octane per tank. Upgrade the cooling if needed (oil,water,trans, etc)
4) Install coilovers, cage, seats, harness, etc (STOP! if you plan on doing this sell/save your nice street car and just buy a fully prepped race car! You might end up with money in your pocket)
5) built engine... if the fully prepped race car doesn't have one (and you really want more power) make sure you get a track proven performance/tuning shop to build and tune.

I feel like that was for me. Thanks Paul!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ncsuSTi is offline   Reply With Quote