View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #8
SoapBox
Scooby Guru

Member#: 204578

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjantz View Post
I was looking for more feedback on the wear and how the tires were. colatkitty gave me some feed back with some track times which is awesome thank you!. I am going to go for the extra money and get hoosier a6 or the r1's. They sound like a good track tire for non wet situations. I think with an awd car on slicks in the rain could be fun..but i dont know never have been in that situation..i had some worn re01r's that where 75 percent gone from a track event and driving in the rain was a hoot...but i could be wrong and slicks could be a nightmare.. thanks for the advice and comments.
Are you racing or just lapping? If just lapping, why are you running Hoosiers (R6's btw) or R1's? Have money to burn? A bet with someone?

Compared to Hoosiers, they wear better, don't cycle out as quickly, but are a bit slower. All of the things you would expect.

Compared to NT01's, they wear quickly, but are stickier. In generally, you do not want to be on R1's for random track days. It makes no sense not to spend less on the longer-lasting NT01s, or even RA1s for that matter.

Spending more to have tires that save you a 1/2 second, but wear out twice as soon isn't generally the smart choice for DE.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SoapBox is offline   Reply With Quote