Scooby Newbie

Member#: 226468
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvracer111 View Post
A couple of things I picked up on...does your friend have an STI? if so you need to be aware the COBB accessport for the 04-05 wrx is a different part# from the 04-05 sti. I dont think you can you use the 04-05 sti accessport on the 04-05 wrx you might want to check on that.

The second thing is if your friend has already used the AP to flash his car you can not use it to flash yours. The AP locks itself to the car it is flashed to. If he has unmarried it from his car then you can use it but he will not be able to use it after that unless you unmarry it from your car.

The third thing is you will not need the downpipe or uppipe if you go stage one. The stage one is just a good filter and flash see COBB STG1 notes below...

COBB STG1 Hardware Requirements 93oct: Intended for stock vehicles, no performance hardware necessary. MUST USE FACTORY OR COBB SF INTAKE SYSTEM, NO OTHER AFTERMARKET INTAKES ARE CERTIFIED COMPATIBLE WITH THIS CALIBRATION.

and finally if you put the downpipe, k&N filter and the uppipe on you will need to flash the stg2 map. If you run that on the stg1 map you risk hurting your engine in a bad way. The stg1 map is not for an open downpipe, uppipe, and K&N filter or intake mods.

You can PM me with questions if you need help...good luck with the upgrade...
1. My friend has an 04 wrx wagon.
2. He has already "unmarried" it from his car. I am free to use it as I please.
3. I am aware that nothing is necessary for stage I. However, I have talked to Rallysportsdirect, and they have said that it is ok for me to have any upgrade on my car and have stage I. It says so performance mods necessary. It is meant for a bone stock wrx, it will work with any upgrade so long as I put the AP to its proper use. A K&N would help the engine out and a DP would just decrease the spool time of the turbo and increase thrust (if I am right), nothing is harmed by upgrading; well.... Sometimes it is. But in this case, it is not harming anything.

But a K&N added to a car, as well as a DP is fine for stage I. However, if what you're saying is true, then I would love to see some evidence of some sort. I've never heard of upgrading a car to be able to handle a higher power capacity and it failing because it can't do it. It makes no sense.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WTFWJD014 is offline   Reply With Quote