Shotokan07
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 300420
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sprt LT
ISM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Indigo
I've had standard racks without locks on the cross bars on all my cars for the past 26 years, and not once has anything been taken. They will more quickly bust a lock and take a bike or skis than taking the base rack. There is no market out there for car specific cross bars....

I feel all that needed locking, and what not, for the bases is unnecessary. Simply requiring a torx or allen wrench is enough to discourage someone...if they want something, they want it fast.

I doubt the "solder security" is truly necessary...unless we are talking about the Zombie Apocalypse :-)....

But that is just my opinion....in the end, if they truly want it, they will get it. The solder or a locking torn bolt will only frustrate them, maybe causing them to actually damage the car more out of frustration. Just a thought
This very true, but having my yakima ski/board rack on top an unsecured bar makes an easy target to just take the bars off without even focusing on my board. Unless I'm not seeing something here... I'm sure subie thought about this...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Shotokan07 is offline   Reply With Quote