Scooby Newbie

Member#: 309675
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Premium
Lightning Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack ffr1846 View Post
It's logged into the system. No shop will pass you unless you pull it off. They won't risk losing their inspection license and this is just the kind of thing the Mass RMV will to to test a station. Yes, they do have people running around, trying to get a station to pass a clearly failing car.

I'm going to guess that whoever put on the tint failed to recognize that the windows already have a small amount of tint in them.....so putting on 35 makes the reading 30.

Welcome to Mass. Feel lucky that they're able to easily find "Subaru" in their system. (Lotus is not in the "normal" car list)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit2003 View Post
Do you have a receipt that states the tint is 35%? Because your windows have a natural tint to them so even if you asked for 35%, it may show on the meter as 30% or some other number.

SO essentially you would need to get 40%(random number for arguments sake) to acheive a 35% light transmission to the meter.

You could also ask the station to show you how they determined the tint was too dark.

Like stated, you are already on the system and most shops wont want to turn the blind eye for ya now.....not that they do that anyway.

EDIT: Jack beat me to it
When I got my tint in RI, I asked for 30. I'm not trying to contest the fact that I'm at fault, but if I do get it redone later, I'll make sure it will be legal.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'm most likely going to rip the tint off and get everything taken care of.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
radbitt is offline   Reply With Quote