Old 01-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #4
cmiovino
Scooby Guru

Member#: 134005
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX Premium
PSM

I have the Cobb turboback (downpipe + catback) and stage 2 Cobb tune, so I can comment on that. Really, it's quieter than my old Prodrive driving around town. I drive to work everyday and it's just fine.... in fact, my winter tires are louder than it! Now, when you really get on it, something you probably won't be doing with the wife and kids in the car, it comes alive and you can really hear it. Keep in mind, I have the Cobb intake too... and that's louder than the exhaust in my opinion. It's a good sound all together though... skip the intake IMO... mine just came with it.

Cobb is overpriced though.. great quality. Get a catted downpipe.. not catless for sure. The brand doesn't matter as they all sound and performance generally the same. Stay away from eBay though... you can go cheaper than Cobb, but don't totally cheap out with parts that don't fit or leak... headaches and more $$$ in the long run.

In all honesty, get the midpipe while you're at it... that way, everything is new. Midpipes aren't that much more... and everything will fit well once it's all together with new, unrusted parts... and yes, even 2011's get rusted a bit down there.

Check into the SPT catback... it's quiet, but you can hear it. For most on here, it's too quiet, but for you, I think it would do the trick. Looks stock as it's from Subaru.

If you can, but these parts used. You can get great deals and I've bought a ton of parts off this forum. All were great quality and the people are legit... just get pics. You'll save a ton. I'd reckon you can find an SPT exhaust from someone ditching it after getting it with their car and it not being loud enough for them.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
cmiovino is offline   Reply With Quote