Scooby Guru

Member#: 36033
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
CEO PhatBottiTuning
2006 STi GTX3582 + Meth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponaugle View Post
Both setups were at equivalent aggressiveness, at least based on the variables available.

I would consider this tune to be 'Aggressive', per the mention of this above. While I could get more power with a bit more boost, I wouldn't consider that a better test. If I truly matched those variables I would expect the results to be the same.
If you could make more power with more boost, then you cant call it an aggressive tune

13 whp at redline is nothing to sneeze at.

Also, if you really look at the data you'll notice that the boost is actually lower with the Cosi manifold and it was also richer and still making more power.

the manifold also "unoptimized" your setup. Before you were peaking at 6200rpm which allowed you to stay in the meat of the powerband by shifting at redline.....where as now you are leaving power on the table unless you're gonna rev to 8000rpm.

I'd really like to see how far that slope carries out. almost looks like the hp peak would be 7000-7200 rpm now.

Seems like this is a mod where you're gonna need a huge turbo that causes the intake manifold to become the restriction, but once you get rid of that restriction you're gonna need a valvetrain to take advantage of your newfound powerband.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Phatron is offline   Reply With Quote