View Single Post
Old 08-06-2003, 12:35 PM   #51
TBeck2000
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 40753

I'm not sure how much the Auxiliary Input Cable costs but this sounds like the missing piece of the puzzle. The input capability is already built-into the LM-1 (http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/s...m#_Toc46234170), but I guess you might want the special cable to interface to the Mini-DIN 7 plug. I'm sure you could come up with your own interface by visiting a Radio Shack. You'd just need to grab an rpm signal voltage from somewhere in the car. It simply records the voltage and then you would need to convert that to an RPM in MS Excel. You could also log several other things at the same time. Intake air temp, boost pressure, fuel pressure, oil pressure, etc. (up to 5 total) and chart them at the same time note: The input voltages must be less than 5 volts to keep from damaging the controller.

On another note, I tried to order an LM-1 and the website said that they were backordered. I also inquired to Patrick about group purchase pricing and volumes, but I haven't recieved the info yet. Here's the note I received from Patrick:
Quote:
Hi Tim-

Thanks for your interest. We’re currently sold out, but production is ramping up. We’ll get back to you by the end of the week regarding both questions.

Thanks,

Patrick Thompson

Innovate! Technology, Inc. / Innovate Motor Sports
I hope to try the LM-1 out pretty soon and see if it can really do everything it says it can. If so, it is much more powerful than the alternatives that I have seen.

Tim
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
TBeck2000 is offline   Reply With Quote