Old 12-07-2007, 01:34 PM   #1
Eric SS
Sooby Guru

Member#: 1914
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2000 2.5RS w/ EJ22T
swap and N20. gone. : (

Default Donation Meet/Drive for Alex Ahmad (Supra Collision) Sunday December 16th 10AM-4PM

This is from Supraforums.com and azht.net
Just wanted to start a new thread for people to see. I'll probably end up going even though I did not know the young man at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus View Post
Hi everyone,

My name is Dallis and I go by Rufus on AZHT.NET and Civicforums.com. With the recent loss of Alex we thought it would be great to see if we could all come together, regardless of what forums we exist on, and do something positive for Alex's family. Very rarely does everyone come together like this and I can't think of a better reason to do it, so please share this with every local forum you can. The guys on AZHT have asked that we all wear white shirts as well to create a uniform look.

A link to our original thread can be found here: http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48412

Our members have even gone as far as contacting the news stations....

This thread outlines our plans for a Donation Meet/Drive for Alex Ahmad, the driver of the white Supra, who was killed on 12/5/07 when a bank robber selfishly took his life by driving head-on into Alex's Supra during a police chase.

Details
Date: 12/16/07
Time: 10AM meet at Lot 59 at ASU.
12PM depart Lot 59 to travel to the scene of the accident to pay respects.

(please be respective of all laws when traveling to the scene as we'd like to have everyone home safely).

We will collect donations for the family at the scene for all who are willing to contribute. We're currently working to see if the family is receptive to having these donations presented to them. If they wish not to, we will certainly find an approprite cause.

We will accept donations from 12:30PM (travel time to arrive there) to 4:00PM.

Lot 59 is located on the NW corner of Rio Salado and Scottsdale Rd. Below you will find a map.

As mentioned, at 12PM we will travel to the scene, located on McKellips, just east of the 101.

The easiest form of travel will be:

From Lot 59 travel east on Rio Salado to Scottsdale Road
Turn Left on Scottsdale Rd and merge onto the 202 East
From the 202 East merge to the 101 North
The first exit is McKellips. Turn right and proceed down about 1.5 miles.

Hope to see everyone there.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote