Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (5)

Member#: 353938
Vehicle:
2007 STI WRB
18x8.75 +35 225/40

Here comes a great wall of text

---------------------

Ok I'm going to buy an adjustable bov/bpv and do a thorough seat of the pants review - drive the Dragon & some back roads, maybe some gravel donuts etc.

Currently when I take off in 1st, lift, then back on throttle there is a noticeable delay then BAM its boosting to redline. Also the evo3 16g not good transient response (between shifts) compared to the vf39. With that in mind we will see if these bpv/bov really do 'shut faster' and 'boost quicker' like salesmen say they do.

This article got my interest
http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/11/...t-bov-install/
"the thing that surprised me the most was the perceptible difference in boost response during fast gear changes.."

Which one should i get nasioc? I think it will be synapse

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...ter-Valve.aspx

----------------------------

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooost!!!
No more lag (well, much less). I was really not prepared for such a big difference. I have the Synapse DV thanks to Arista performance - great guys and subie owners.

To put this review in perspective you need to know some details:
1. 07 STI with evo3 16g 10cm hotside. The more lag you have now, the bigger improvement you will see (that's just a theory) I felt this turbo had much more lag than the vf39. To think I was actually considering a ball bearing chra and 8 cm hotisde haha not anymore.
2. I subconsciously analyze the car to find things I don't like and then obsess over them, lag being a major one.
3. Roads are curvy around here - feathering throttle mid-turn. I hardly ever go wot
4. Experience: 04 STI vf39 with ebay bov (not sure psi or injectors) That was an animal! Tail happy and wicked fast spool. 07 STI with APS 50/50 dual vent off an Evolution - seemed to make it bog between shifts no matter how i adjusted it (never oiled it, probably should have). OEM dv - delay between foot and turbo. Transient response was disappointing but I thought it was the turbo size and i would have to live with it. False.

Now go do some research on the synapse dv because it's all true. Can't compare to other aftermarket dv because I haven't had experience with them. What i can say is that when I put my foot down a bit, instantly there is boost pressure building. With the OEM dv there would always be some delay while it tried to decide whether it wanted to boost or not :/ Transient response is responsive! It doesn't irritate! I will have to find something else to nit pick... oh yea understeer.

I have only driven a few miles so far but couldn't wait to share. It gave me a rush. Now I am actually excited to hit the Dragon. It hasn't been much fun because lag+tight corners = no sweet spot.

Setup - push configuration (piston facing intercooler) only using 'B' vacuum port. Capped off 'A' port.
The clamps were kind of a pain but very high quality all around.

Noise - can't hear anything over the EWG chuff chuff. Apparently it's pretty quiet. You can make it full atmospheric dump which would be louder but bog between shifts (from what I've learned about mass air).

I'll post again after more thorough testing.

-----------------------------

On the 12 psi map it doesn't feel any different. But on 18 psi it is wild! Feels like my old 04 that I get so nostalgic about. Got on it a bit tonight and there is a big butt dyno improvement. I'm very happy. Put your foot down and it's like you can feel boost coming through the gas pedal. Between shifts it's right there. You know, that would be a good thing to data log - boost pressure, rpm, and throttle position through all gears, oem dv vs. synapse dv.

Ever since my 04 sti blew I have compared this car and found it lacking. I was looking at getting a VF39 like it had, 04-05 trans for shorter 2-3-4 gears, or a 8cm hotside, all in the name of spool. And this diverter valve has successfully solved the problem.

At idle you can hear it snap shut the moment you rev.

It's funny because while doing an etune with a great tuner he didn't have a good suggestion on how to get faster spool. I suffered with lag for almost 2 years when it could have been dealt with in a few minutes.

Thank you Synapse Engineering for fixing my car. I like it now.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
joek92 is offline   Reply With Quote