Member#: 82721
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2011 WRX STI Sedan
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx plus
Alien-If you were closer I'd give you ride in it and you would understand
I'm fully in love with my AWD with all the rain we've had around here lately (floods, evacuations of towns along the rivers, good times). No pull in puddles on crappy stock tires. My trunk monkey is getting bored, no weight shifting required for the poor little guy

On topic myself... I called Subaru of Canada consumer support to try to get a definitive statement on what the "correct" offset range is for 17" and 18" wheels on the WRX sedan, as well as what they consider to be a tolerable range for tire overall diameter deviation from the stock 25.1" wheel + Potenza combination. They have no numbers or ranges to offer, and advised me to check withthe dealers in the city because they are supposed to have that information... meanwhile, I'd talked to my dealer last week, and they can't get the information out of SoC either.

The parts manager at my dealer figures that a couple of mm from stock is safe, but more than that isn't a good idea (in other words, he wouldn't recommend anything at Tire Rack except maybe the 50ET SSRs). He's trying to get me some information on this for those who want to ensure a correct fit, not just a good-enough fit. I'll post info when I have it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
alien is offline   Reply With Quote