Old 01-09-2009, 04:09 AM   #1
banana_pony95
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 171701
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
1995 impreza
blue/green

Default Man i"ve got some annoying noises...

Right now my car is driving me crazy. there are these two separate noises that i keep hearing, one of which sounds like a belt issue and the other which seems to be located around the transmission.

The belt noise: Basically what is going on is that as my car idles and especially when my engine is reved(spelling?) up it doesn't sound clean. What happens is that there is this squealling whinning noise that increases and decreases with the rize and fall of rpms. It is soooo annoying and i don't know if it is doing damage. I don't think that there is really a decrease in preformance, however i have been steadily fixing all kinds of things on my car for the past few years, so i've kinda forgotten how my car should preform...

The other sound doesn't seem serious, but once again i just don't know. What this sound sounds like is a soft yet quick knocking coming from around the transmission that only seems to occur as my car is decellerating in 4th gear while my feet aren't anywhere near either the gas or the break. I've tried to see if the noise exists while accelerating in 4th but don't hear anything (but that sound may just be covered up by the loudness of my engine which i've just described).

I NEED HELP. i am soooo close to giving up on this car...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
banana_pony95 is offline   Reply With Quote