flyboy1100
Scooby Guru

Member#: 314216
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeper

Ok, the fog lights only really suck when they are pointed at the ground 2 ft in front of the car, which is how mine came from japan.

To adjust the aim you need to remove the two snap clips on the black plastic bottom cover of the car (under the fog lights, behind the bumper).

Removing the cosmetic fog light covers is completely unnecessary, you cannot reach the adjuster that way.

There is a screw adjuster (phillips) located on the center back and bottom of the lights that allows you to raise or lower the aim of the fog lights.

I was able to bring their aim up, and lo and behold, they don't suck nearly as much. They are not as bright as the headlights, but they do provide useable light when they are not aimed at the ground.

If your fog lights suck, and you can't figure out what the people here raving about them are talking about, your lights are probably aimed at the ground 2 ft in front of your car, like mine were. Aim them higher and you will not think they suck as much.

Note, none of this info is in the owners manual, which it should be. I would have adjusted them much earlier.
Thanks.

Where is be edge of the beam now, mine is probably 10ft in front of the car
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote