View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 10:35 PM   #11
Hopper
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 50829

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick_the_ginge View Post
I'm setting my new 2.5L closed deck block (thrust #3) up with 0.0015 main and 0.002 rod. I'm using ACL RACE series bearings, un-coated. These are not the duraglides.

Cobb Tuner Crank, Pauter rods so I hope the bearings are fine as that's a lot of cash down the drain is the bearings fail.

Were these the ACL Duraglides or RACE series?
I bought these bearing about 2 years ago, from a shop that is on this form. I check the clearance back then, check good, installed on crank and did not like the feel, so I removed them and reinstalled the Subaru bearings. Two years of hard abuse, pulled the motor, bearing still looked good, had crank checked and re-polished. Checked clearance on ACL bearings, installed and still did not like the way they felt, but decided to run them (1/2 Subaru 1/2 ACL). 2 dyno sessions and one trip, started to see some debris in oil. Pulled engine and inspected. ACL bearing were coming apart. Subaru’s look fine.

ACL coated bearings

When I bought them, I talked on the phone about these bearings; they said they were better than Subaru, NO WAY!!! At this time I did not know if ACL made a race series?

Now looking at the bearing and ACL web site the part number does not look like the race series part number.

060C03
STD

The race series number is 4B8296H

If I was not the type of person that checks everything all the time, I would have lost a bearing. Every oil change I inspect the oil filter, Canton.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote